NPPGov/Fire Rescue GPO/Law Enforcement GPO
The PPA Master Price Agreements are accessible to members of NPPGov, FireRescue Group Purchasing Organization and Law Enforcement Group Purchasing Organization by way of an intergovernmental cooperative purchasing agreement signed by PPA and the NPPGov members.
The FireRescue GPO was started in 2001 by the Western Fire Chiefs Association (WFCA) in partnership with a large hospital based group purchasing organization. Currently the FireRescue GPO is owned by National Purchasing Partners (NPP), which was established by a non-profit hospital system, Virginia Mason Medical Center, to provide group-purchasing opportunities to a variety of industries, including, Government, Fire and Public Safety.
Membership in NPPGov,the FireRescue GPO and Law Enforcement GPO is free and without any purchasing obligations. If you qualify as an active member of a government, fire and/or rescue or law enforcement organization click here to register today.
The PPA has formed a Product Sourcing Committee to advise and assist the Administrator and Board of Directors in preparation of specifications for Requests for Proposals as well as Evaluating the Responses to Bids.
The Public Procurement Authority has entered into an Administration Agreement with the Western Fire Chiefs Association to act as Administrator of the PPA and to perform tasks and responsibilities as directed by the PPA Board of Directors.
The Administrator is responsible for carrying out the directives of the PPA board which may include the following:
- Identification of products and technology that will benefit PPA members and public safety and government agencies nationwide
- Administer the bid process including coordination of drafting of specifications for Request for Proposals in cooperation with PPA Specification and Evaluation Committee
- Publication of Request for Proposals
- Coordination of Evaluation of Bid Responses in cooperation with PPA Specification and Evaluation Committee
- Entering into Master Price Agreements
- Coordination of use of PPA contracts by other public entities
- Maintaining PPA records