The Oregon Public Contracting Code is a set of procurement related rules that govern public contracting activities. Public Agencies are required to follow these rules when buying goods and services. The purpose of the code is to:
- Instill public confidence through ethical and fair dealing, honesty and good faith on the part of government officials and those who do business with the government.
- Promote efficient use of resources.
- Clearly identify rules and policies.
- Allow impartial and open competition.
The PPA’s Public Contracting Process is modeled after the following:
- ORS 279A – Rules that apply to all public contracting
- ORS 279B – Rules that apply to supplies and services
The PPA Board of Directors has adopted the Oregon Attorney General Model Rules (AG Model Rules), as the PPA’s public contracting rules: